Podcasting is the new blogging — everybody’s doing it. And if you do it well, you’ll see massive benefits for you and your business
Earlier this month I had the privilege of attending the Harvest Summit — an outstanding intimate invite-only event (its first year) — held at a private estate in Sonoma County. The event was the brainchild of Jessica Kilcullen, whose husband John Kilcullen used to run Billboard Magazine (where we first connected), and it was designed to bring together innovative thought leaders in a variety of fields from tech, entertainment, sustainability, food and wine, and a host of forward-thinking authors and visionaries. The goal was to foster inspiring conversations about trends and issues shaping our future — by those who are leading the charge (all of us present). Examples of some of the intimate conversations included:
Last month I had the privilege of attending a fantastic relatively intimate invite-only event. The third annual Vanity Fair New Establishment Summit was held in San Francisco. This event brought together some of the most successful and influential philanthropists, thought leaders from technology, politics, business, media and the arts for truly inspiring conversations about trends and issues shaping our future. Examples of some of the intimate conversations include: (more…)
In my experience in the world of creative entrepreneurship, two types of projects and clients exist: sexy projects and cash projects.
There are lots of ways to recharge, even though most of us think of lazing on the beach when we hear the word “vacation.”
A few of the biggest takeaways about being a great thought leader and influencer.
There are three key things you can do to enhance your ability to take advice.
There have been challenges along the way, of course, but being a woman has never held me back.
Follow these three steps to discover and celebrate your voice as a female entrepreneur
Stewart Copeland cofounded The Police. Kelli Richards grew up where her Apple office later stood. These are their career-change tips.
Oprah Winfrey came from nothing and built a media empire, but her most impressive quality worth emulating is her EQ (emotional quotient).
Mark Silverman is not a Coach or a Consultant per se, although he has Coaching and Consulting Clients. For him, every engagement is unique, with the common thread being a leap forward towards the intended result. Mark has generated over $90 Million in sales and received numerous awards over his 15 year career at fast moving, fast growing companies like NetApp, VMware and EMC. (more…)
Follow these steps to utilize your own storytelling narrative and be more authentic with your audience.
From scaling some of the highest mountains in the world, to working with Richard Branson on the future of philanthropy, exiting his business for over $100m and captaining Australia in the World Elephant Polo Championships, Creel Price is the high-octane adventurer at the forefront of what he now calls “The Entreprenaissance.” (more…)
Libby Gill is the founder and CEO of executive coaching and consulting firm Libby Gill & Company. The former head of communications and public relations for Sony, Universal, and Turner Broadcasting, she is an international speaker, bestselling author, and former Dallas Morning News columnist. (more…)
Carolyn Elliott is an entrepreneur, writer and author, coach, super-connector, and modern-day magical person. She is the host of the Superconnectors Podcast, which interviews top Superconnectors from around the world who share the tools, attitudes and resources they use to grow and nurture their world-class social networks. (more…)
The truth is, many of the most successful people in the world are–and will always be–avid readers.
You know that old saying by Woody Allen that “Showing Up is 80% of Life”. Well I’d argue that the other 20% (maybe more!) is HOW you show up that really determines whether you’re going to be a ‘hit’ or a ‘miss’ in terms of the impact you have on others. Leadership is more than about showing up, and it’s more than just a mindset — it’s your presence, your intention, and the energy you bring to your interactions. (more…)
The reality is that the more influencers you know, the better your chances of realizing greater success..
Deborah Perry Piscione is a serial entrepreneur, New York Times bestselling author, speaker and innovation process expert. She is a Principal and Co-Founder at Vorto Consulting, a Silicon Valley-based boutique-consulting firm dedicated to enabling companies to innovate and grow. Deborah is the architect of the new innovation methodology, Improvisational Innovation™, which engages all of the organization’s talent in bottoms up innovation. (more…)